~5~

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I apologize in advance, this chapter is going to be a bit shorter compared to the other ones. Thanks!

Alfred didn't stop crying for at least 30 more minutes. Natalya never kept track of time. He stayed there on her shoulder, and softly wept.

She didn't understand why he was crying. He was her hero, her knight in shining armor, and soon-to-be-husband. He was so strong, and almost merciless.

But now he had loosened himself, and was letting someone like her take him into her arms, and comfort him.

Watching him spill tear after tear, scarf down that disgusting-looking sandwich, and sob into her shoulder, opened up something she hadn't noticed before.

She always used to think Alfred had an almost bodacious attitude, who was immune to any negative feelings or vibes. She thought he could always smile, and never showed fear or hesitation.

But in his eyes, she saw something she never saw before. It was devastating, shattering her heart to pieces. He was miserable.

Behind his bright smile, and those deep and gorgeous blue eyes, he was hurting on the inside. He had always expressed himself as conceited and generally happy about everything. He was the hero.

But she saw something different. She saw guilt. She saw pain. She saw regret. She saw sadness and fear, in unexplainable ways and forms.

He was hiding all of this behind smiles and laughs. Behind pride and friendliness. Behind his whole radiant and extravagant characteristics.

He was holding onto what he had left. Him and his older brother, England would only ever fight, and his twin brother never spoke to him.

And Japan......

Was Japan all that he had? That old, heartless man? America always had tried his very best at making friends...but he only ended up either pushing them away....or making enemies.

But she would change it.

Marriage would fix it all. That was simply the only solution. She would stay by his side for the rest of his life, and never let him be alone ever again.

And she would never see him in pain like that ever again.

Why did he cry?

Was she too intimidating? She didn't think so....

If she was, then he wouldn't have let her snuggle up against him, or comfort him. America truly was a mystery.

But she was sure it wouldn't be hard to solve it. America seemed like a simple man, with not very many expectations. He had seemed to be more calm around her, which was a sign of progress to her.

She'd get him to crack. She'd get him to eventually get down on one knee, and express his everlasting love for her.

It was going to happen, just as she pictured it. Her blonde-haired hero, sweeping her off her feet, and constantly whispering in her ear, the same thing over and over again. I love you.

It was all she wanted to hear. Even if it meant that she had to make all of the moves, just for America to eventually say those three words, she would do it.

She would do anything for him. But....but not like before.

She didn't want to hurt....or scare him.

Normally, in the past, she would have never considered that, and would gladly do those things.

But it changed for her. When she had attacked Alfred in the bathroom, she saw something.

As she pinned him down on the floor, she observed him.

The bruise on his jaw, his eyes squeezed shut, and blood from his wound....she felt sick.

She felt like she couldn't let him be in this state. Those innocent blue eyes, and that cute personality of his. She couldn't risk hurting such a precious little jewel like him.

Natalya put her thoughts to a stop. The nonstop thoughts were starting to hurt her head.

Carefully adjusting herself and the waves of her dress, she sat up straight against her chair. Across from her, nervously fiddling with his thumbs, was Alfred. Ten minutes ago, the two finally managed to drag themselves off the couch. Alfred had gone upstairs to change out of his suit and into something more lazy. He sported a baggy pair of gray sweatpants, and a bright blue shirt, Captain America's shield printed on the front in bright and bold colors.

Natalya, on the other hand, could not change into something more comfortable. She had none of her necessities with her. Her precious blue maid's dress was sticky from the sweat her body

produced, and smudged in small patches of mud and other dirt.

Finally, as if on instinct, the two cleared their throats, coincidentally at the same time. Natalya immediately dipped her head down, and nervously squeezed her eyes shut.

"Are...are you handling out alright?" Alfred asked in a slightly hushed tone.

She had no concern about her own feelings. Sure, she felt dreary and quite miserable, and was starving to death, but she was more concerned about Alfred. He still looked like a complete mess, despite changing. His hair was in knotted mats, and his eyes were slightly murky, as if all the lively spirit she loved about them, suddenly drained away.

He gently slipped off his silver-rimmed glasses, and delicately rubbed at his eye, expelling a yawn.

Watching Alfred close his yawn, and open his mouth once again to speak, Natalya cut him off.

"You should have no concern towards me, Alfred. Are you okay?"

At that moment, it seemed that any last bit of confidence Alfred may have had left, immediately faded away. At first, she thought he would innocently start to cry again, and start everything back at square one. But he held an emotionless stare on his face. "I-I'm fine," was all he had to say. Clearly, she could tell he was not alright, but she couldn't risk angering him.

Silence unfortunately returned once more between the two. More than anything, Natalya wanted things to be alright.

Alfred slowly massaged the bridge of his nose, and took a small breath in. "I want you to understand something".

Natalya adjusted herself in her seat, throwing her waves upon waves of her dress away from her legs.

"I'm listening Alfred," Natalya assured, resting her hands on top of her lap.

"Natalya, I'm flattered...you....you see me as more than an absolute mess-"

She jumped up from her spot, and lunged for his hands.

"You're not a mess, my darling!" She exclaimed, her voice shaking.

Alfred surprisingly tugged away calmly, even after flinching at the volume of her voice.

"Let me finish," he said in a low and mellow tone, crossing his legs. "I'm flattered....but Bela...I'm not looking for that kind of relationship with you. A romantic partner is the last thing I want from you".

Belarus couldn't listen anymore. She stood up, her chair tipping over in the process. "But you don't understand Ameryika!" she exclaimed, putting a hand to her chest in a hurtful manner.

"We're meant to be one. If I can see it, surely you can as well!"

Alfred slowly slipped his glasses back on, and stood up from his chair. "Please hear me out. You're a wonderful and beautiful women, but I'm not taking our relationship like that..."

With the clash of a glass tipping from the table, Belarus was now on the table on all fours, staring at America with a blazed look in her eye. "No YOU hear me out!" Natalya bellowed, her bangs swinging against her delicate face. "We are meant to be together! You are kind and I am forever yours! I love you Alfred, why can't you understand that!?"

Alfred swung his hands down against the table with a crash, and yelled, "Just listen to me!"

He was shaking. " WHY CAN'T YOU LISTEN TO ME FOR ONE FUCKING SECOND!? I don't see you that way! Listen to me for Christ sake, LISTEN TO ME!"

The room went silent. Alfred heaved his breaths roughly, and his head dipped down to his chest.

Natalya saw the smallest stretch of a tear stream it's way against his cheek, and gently lower itself onto the table with a silent plop.

Her eyes widen, and she got off her hands and sat on her knees atop the table.

Alfred slowly raised his head back up, and touched his cheek with the tip of his finger, a surprised look dancing on his features, realizing he was crying.

He closed his eyes, and wiped away the remaining tears with his knuckle, and opened his mouth.

"Would you listen to me....if I gave a proposition?" he whispered.

Natalya said nothing. America went on anyways.

" Clearly...you need someone to keep you company considering the issues with you and Russia right now. So I'm bringing this offer up, so listen carefully because I'll only say it once."

Belarus titled her head in interest.

"You can stay here with me for a couple of weeks. In the time you're here...I want us to be FRIENDS-"

Natalya opened her mouth to protest, but Alfred raised a hand sternly. She closed her mouth.

"I want us to be friends...but in your favor....if we end up bonding well enough...I will take you on a date..and we determine things from there."

Natalya's eyes lit up. "You will love me if we end up bonding?!" She said, a grin forming on her velvety lips.

America sighed, and nodded. "Yes Bela...we will have a relationship from there if things work out."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen4U.Pro