Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chapter 119

Translator: Yonnee

-

Starting from the red pepper powder, even rice and black beans became popular amongst the nobles of the empire.

For one, rumor had it that rice was good for the health, and black beans were getting popular with noblemen whose hairlines were receding.

As the Mom, David and I entered the dining hall, we were welcomed with a lavish array of food, which was unlike before. Seeing this, I patted myself on the back for managing to persuade Dad to go to the Yuria Kingdom.

At the same time, I was reminded of the saintess, Seo-yoon.

Was she giving grace and kindness to everyone, just as she did in the original work? But it's difficult to imagine that, honestly. I know what she's really like and what kind of personality she has.

While cutting through my thick steak, I listened to Mom and David as they chatted. This peaceful moment made me smile naturally because I was happy.

"Honey, I'm home!"

Then, Dad entered the dining hall. I stopped eating, got up from my seat and ran straight to Dad.

"Good work again today, Dad!"

"Hoho. This is why I work so hard every day, for my family."

"You worked hard today, Honey."

Mom took off Dad's coat as she welcomed him back. Dad's face was flushed, and he obviously looked to be in high spirits. He was sneaking a look at Mom to gauge her mood.

At the sight of him like this, I squinted a little as I observed Dad.

I don't think he'll ever be able to read Mom's mood...

Everything had been going swimmingly these days, so I think Dad might have gotten a bit more sly whenever it came to Mom. Not knowing that I was watching him, Dad furtively took Mom's hand and patted it, one, two. This was Dad's signature move when he's acting cute in front of Mom.

Only then did Dad realize that he was being a bit too obvious, and at the same time Mom turned away for a moment to hand over Dad's coat to the butler.

"What is it?"

As expected of Mom. Acting as though he was about to get scolded for something he did wrong, Dad smiled awkwardly when Mom started narrowing her eyes at him.

"While I was on my way back home, I invited some guests over..."

With the corners of her eyes going down, Mom answered.

"Who is it, Baron Allen? Then, why didn't you just enter with him rather than making him wait outside? The table can be set again, so bring him in. I'll ask for another plate of steak to be brought in."

Mom then ordered the maid who was standing nearby as she was sitting down in her chair. I was about to sit back down as well so I could finish my meal, but Dad approached me timidly and explained.

"Well, um, I'd think the same way too. The guest and his entourage are waiting outside, but... It's not Baron Allen. I was also caught unawares so I didn't know what to do, Honey."

Considering Dad's personality, he should have been more confident about this no matter who he brought over. But if he was saying this now, who exactly was his guest?

I looked up at Dad curiously. It wasn't just me who was curious, but also Mom and David.

Then, as Dad rubbed a finger under his nose, he continued speaking.

"His Highness the Crown Prince is waiting outside... I think we should go out and meet him."

"......"

That very second, not only my family, but even the maids and the butler-who were busy moving around the dining hall-completely stopped what they were doing. The silence was utterly tense, yet Dad alone smiled peacefully and continued.

"He told me that he came over here because there was something he had to do, but wouldn't it be too much if we just let him stay at the inn in our fief? That's why I invited him over."

As Dad explained as such, David jumped up from his seat. He hurriedly tidied up his clothes and used a metal dish as a mirror to finger-comb his hair.

Meanwhile, Mom dropped the fork that was in her hand. I, for one, just ate another slice of my steak. I chewed the meat and savored the flavors, fleetingly thinking that there wouldn't be any moments of calm and peace again any time soon.

As expected, Dad wasn't the kind of man who'd cause just mere incidents. He'd take it a step further and cause pandemonium.

My family hurriedly and frantically arranged everything for the entrance of the guest. I was walking nonchalantly, yet Mom and David were going here and there in a panic. I followed closely nonetheless.

The original plot seemed to have dissipated already, but it didn't change the fact that the crown prince was the male lead of the novel. So to be honest, I was quite curious.

As we approached the foyer, we were faced with the sight of a blond, handsome man who was looking around the mansion with his hands behind his back.

And next to him were three men. One was a man who seemed to be quite old, and the other was... Ciel, who was evidently furrowing his brows. The third person was Aiden, who was standing next to Ciel.

The crown prince smiled brightly as he found us.

"It's nice to meet you. I am Jace Stern Helio."

Well, he didn't really have to introduce himself by his full name anymore...

I was staring straight at the crown prince until that moment, but I soon hurried to lower my gaze.

"It is an honor to meet you, Your Imperial Highness. I am Helen of House Closch. I apologize for keeping you waiting."

It was a rare occurrence to see Mom so nervous.

"Apologies for not having prepared for your arrival, Your Highness! I am David de Closch, the eldest son of the Closch family!"

After David gave his introductions, I also took a step forward and curtsied in front of the crown prince. Of course, I knew that he was an Esper, so I was careful not to give out any radial guiding.

"It's an honor to meet you, Your Highness. I am Irene de Closch."

"Oh, so you're Irene."

At the crown prince's remark, I couldn't help but look up because he sounded like he already knew me.

But how could the crown prince of an empire know a mere baron's daughter from the countryside?

Well... There was one explanation.

And that might be because of the restless Ciel beside him.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro