Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chapter 110

Translator: Yonnee

-

-Your Highness, do refrain from using the emergency contact network for personal matters. What should be done if it fails when it matters most? No matter how much you want to use it like this, you shouldn't!

At Ciel's firm rebuke, Jace forgot that there were knights around him. He shouted back.

"Personal matter? The Saintess is missing! Personal? You, you-!! You really won't be able to escape punishment this time! We have an obligation to protect the Saintess!"

-That is the temple's duty. Why did you have to keep her at the palace and take on the full brunt of that responsibility?"

"Ciel de Leopardt!"

-There is an important matter I have to attend to in this place as well. A monster wave recently broke out in this territory, leaving it in shambles. You're telling me to leave them like this and come to your side right away?

The crown prince was filled with the urge to lash out in fury even more, but he could not. Just as the duke said, a monster wave wasn't just any ordinary occurrence. Even so, he couldn't stay still. He knew that Ciel's ability would aid immensely in the efforts to find the saintess.

"I do not want to repeat myself again. Come here! I'll deal with what's going on there myself."

-I appreciate your initiative, but... What do you mean by that? You're not coming here, are you? Your Highness the Crown Prince. I believe that you're not being rational right now due to your overflowing anger. First of all, have a cup of warm tea and regain your composure...

Without listening any further, Jace ordered the vice captain of the imperial guard.

"Drop the connection."

"Yes, sir."

He left the knight order's base with a determined look on his face. No matter how much he thought about it, that was not the Ciel he knew. Had he been possessed by the devil? Was that why he was being so damn arrogant?

With all sorts of thoughts swirling through his mind, Jace stormed off. However, the chief attendant asked him.

"I beg your pardon, Your Highness! Where are you going!"

"Where do you think?! I need to find out what the hell he's hiding. I'm going to the Closch estate! As the Crown Prince of this Empire, shouldn't I visit the place that's been wracked by the recent monster wave?"

With his golden hair fluttering in the breeze, Jace rushed straight to where a carriage was waiting. The chief attendant could do nothing but gawk blankly at the suddenness of this situation.

Ciel placed the crystal bead down, an incredulous look on his face. Unlike the huge crystal ball that's being used at the imperial palace, this one was significantly smaller. He handed it over to David, who was next to him.

"Is he really thinking of coming..."

Mulling over the thought, Ciel tilted his head to the side. He wasn't expecting her to do this any time soon, but that woman must have shifted through dimensions.

Of course, even though he knew that the crown prince was unaware of this, Ciel didn't feel obliged to let Jace know.

There was something else that's more urgent for him. Considering how everything seemed like a heavily tangled thread, he didn't know where to start.

"Irene said she's going to marry the man who's been chosen by her parents, yet the Baron and Baroness said that they'll give their blessing to the man who's been chosen by Irene... You're definitely from one family. How could you all put me in the same predicament, going as far as to say the same thing?"

While leaving the garrison, Ciel muttered to himself. As David was walking behind him, he heard this and spoke up.

"I will also stand by my younger sister's choice."

"...Don't do this to me. My head's in enough of a twist."

"Ah, sure."

"Has your family always been so stubborn?"

"Well, I think it's hereditary."

"Haa..."

Truly. This was one tight-knit family.

If Ciel had to compare, the nobles in the capital were far different from them. Those nobles, for that matter, were so impatient to just be acquainted with him.

While thinking this to himself, Ciel's thoughts strayed and he came to a realization.

Indeed, how many nobles would even protect a territory that's on the outskirts of the country like this?

The land was barren, and monsters were constantly invading.

"Haaaa..."

He sighed deeply once more and returned to the baron's residence. Although he was not being denied entry like before, he still felt tense and anxious.

He stopped a passing maid and asked where Irene was. Though he had not received a definite answer from her yet, he was still consoled by the fact that he'd be able to see his wife soon.

However, his mood plummeted abruptly due to the maid's next words.

"Lady Irene is having tea with Lord Morgan in the garden right now. Shall I lead you there, Your Grace?"

The maid was helpful in her own right, yet Ciel could not easily answer. He barely managed to nod in response.

He berated himself heavily for having forgotten the man who he should have been the most wary of.

Morgan de Allen.

As Ciel recalled that detestable physical Esper, what came to his mind was the kind of gaze that man had for his wife.

While hurrying towards the garden, he soon found Irene having a friendly conversation with Morgan.

Each time he would be face to face with Irene, she would only ever regard him sternly or curtly.

So, whenever he'd see her with a smile so bright like this-a smile that was not for him-Ciel felt a stabbing pain in his heart, as though it was about to shatter into a million pieces.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro