Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chapter 108

Translator: Yonnee

-

Then, moving forward with that momentum, Ciel did not stop there.

"Apart from that, her ability to help Espers is called 'guiding'. Irene is a Guide. If people find out about this, the temple will not stay still."

"...What do you mean by that, a Guide?"

"The temple won't stay still? If that happens, then I won't stay still!"

"Guide... Do you mean, Your Grace, that Rin has the same abilities as the Saintess?"

Helen, Arthur and David answered one after another. As a matter of fact, Ciel fleetingly recalled how the high priest had asked him to find the real saintess.

However, he had absolutely no intention of bringing Irene to the temple. It was a complete waste of time when they could just spend each moment together, so why should he take her to the temple where she'd be forced to work?

Additionally, Irene had a high sense of responsibility. So if she were to be given such a position, it was more than likely that she would take it upon herself to work herself to the bone.

That should never happen...

"I wish for you to trust me. I will never, ever do anything to harm her."

As Ciel proclaimed this, silence fell in the drawing room. The members of the Closch family quietly agonized over many passing thoughts. Not only the duke, but even the temple might take Irene from them. Their thoughts were in knots.

Then, David spoke quietly.

"That, too, should be up to Rin."

"What?"

"This child!"

His parents answered back angrily, but he stood by his original stance.

"Rin is an adult now. Mother, Father. I know that you both love her very much, but your excessive care and attention would rather be detrimental to her. We should let her decide on her own. That's the proper thing to do."

Unlike how he usually was, David asserted himself firmly. Arthur and Helen thought about his remarks carefully.

Was that truly what would be right for their daughter?

Watching the family in front of him, Ciel felt reassured.

Was this the reason she had changed? This family provided her with such strong support while surrounding her with so much warmth. Instead of looming over her constantly, the shadows of the grim past had disappeared from her side, and so she was able to grow up cheerful and warm as well.

Feeling that they were about to end their deliberation, Ciel felt anxious, but he waited patiently for their answer. He even felt excited at the thought that they could finally become a married couple once again, just like before.

"My dear, I hope that we can agree on this outlook this time."

Arthur spoke determinedly, and Helen nodded.

"Yes, I agree."

"Thank you, my dear."

Arthur glanced towards David first, then he looked at Ciel.

And facing the man's cold, glinting golden eyes, Ciel did not shy away from the straightforward gaze.

"Allow me to voice my thoughts."

"Of course, Baron."

"I will stand by my daughter's decision entirely. As the head of this household, I value the opinions of the members of my family wholeheartedly."

"Thank you. I won't let you down."

Ciel felt as if he had gained everything in the world. The corners of his lips unconsciously twitched, slowly but surely getting tugged upwards.

"Then, may I see Irene, even for just a moment?"

"...Please wait for a little while then. A lady needs time to prepare."

"Of course, Baroness."

Helen was the first to leave her seat. After she left the room, the three men sat silently together, saying nothing. After a while, a maid came.

"The Madam has sent me to tell Your Grace that you may come up to Milady's room."

At the long-awaited opportunity, Ciel stood up right away and followed the maid as she led him to Irene's room.

His every movement was laced with elegance and dignity, but he could not hide his impatience from his steps.

Watching Ciel's retreating figure, Arthur and David muttered to each other.

"He definitely fell in love at first sight, that's for sure."

"Actually, it looks to me like he's fallen madly in love."

Ciel had already been to her room before, but his heart started pounding heavily because it was the first time that she had formally invited him.

And once he was standing in front of the door, it felt as if his heart was going to jump out of its cage. He was filled with nothing by impatience.

"Milady, His Grace has arrived."

"Come in."

As soon as he received permission, he entered the room.

She had just gotten up from bed, but she was beautiful as usual. And seeing as how the flowers that he had sent were now in a vase in her room, Ciel smiled happily.

"Irene. It's been a while."

"...I don't think it's been that long."

"Every minute away from you is like an eternity to me."

As Irene was seated on a sofa, giving him a look of disbelief due to his coy words, Ciel followed and sat across from her. A new tea set was placed between them on the low table, and the cups were already filled.

After the maid left, so filled with impatience as he was, Ciel immediately motioned to speak.

However, she beat him to the punch.

"Then, did you get my parents' permission?"

"Uh, of course..."

"I've made myself clear. I will marry the man my parents approve of."

As these words reached his ears, Ciel's mouth hardened. Then, he quickly reviewed what had happened in the drawing room earlier.

Now that he thought about it, the baron and baroness did not outright say that they would approve the marriage.

They just said that they would let Irene choose...

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro