7. Irresistible Attraction

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Prompt: wherein Jeongyeon was a makeup artist working for a famous singer, the nation's sweetheart, Nayeon and one time she had to do makeup for Nayeon's co-star.

A/N: This was supposed to be the 6th oneshot but haha I can never do anything on time. It's been so long since I posted something here.

"So, what push you to finally try acting?" The young employee cooed softly at her longtime friend as she started putting on a thin layer of red lipstick for the said woman. Well technically, Nayeon wasn't exactly her boss even though Jeongyeon worked for her most of the time as a makeup artist. She didn't work exclusively for Nayeon, oftentimes she was hired to do other celebrities' makeup, still Jeongyeon always felt a bit inferior to the older girl.

The two had known each other since the eighth grade and never been apart since then. They even shared the same dream of becoming a girlgroup member. Both passed the audition of a big company and were in the same debut team. However, during their fifth year as trainees, when their debut had been cancelled due to many unfortunate events, Jeongyeon gave up that passion as she was taken aback by the uncertainty of the industry and also because she was insecure about herself. In the end, only Nayeon remained striking to become an idol and she finally got to be one a year later.

When Nayeon entered the entertainment world, Jeongyeon had the urge to protect her from all the problems that any famous idol has to deal with. If there is anything those five years of training taught her, it's makeup. Jeongyeon used to be a typical shy teenager, she loved cleaning and helping people, she still did but after accompanying a hyper Nayeon throughout their school days, Jeongyeon had grown a lot from her socially-awkward self. Now she behaved dorky most of the time and she could crack some jokes with people she just met.

As Nayeon chose to sign a seven-year contract with JYPe, one of the three biggest entertainment companies, Jeongyeon decided to take up makeup professionally to be able to stay by her best friend's side.

"Nothing. I just want to step out of my comfort zone." Nayeon waited for Jeongyeon to finish before answering. She looked at her reflection admiring the nicely-done makeup. When she finally came to face with Jeongyeon, a slight frown crossed her brow.

Nayeon complained. "You went out with your bare face again."

While the older girl put her hands on her hips showing her disapproval, Jeongyeon just shrugged seemingly unaffected. "I want to let my skin breath. Besides, it's not a big deal unnie, chill."

Nayeon appeared disapproving of her attitude. "You know, people are quite inquisitive and they always find fault with us, even to such an extent that it exceeds our limits." Nayeon stopped a little, her eyes following Jeongyeon's quick movements. "I hear some staffs saying bad things about you almost everyday." Most of them were probably jealous because Jeongyeon got to work with big stars and had a generous amount of bonus each month in addition to her salary despite her young age.

"Just ignore them, unnie." Jeongyeon shook her head and collected her makeup kit which was then placed neatly in her enormous black cosmetic case. Honestly, how people (or rather strangers) judge her did not matter to Jeongyeon as much as actual significant things, taking care of her parents and friends for example. She even found it rather ironic that they were expecting her to always wear makeup just because she was a makeup artist. If the young Jeongyeon had faced this same situation, she would have cried and locked herself in her room alone for days. But the mature Jeongyeon knew better, she never took those comments to heart.

Jeongyeon flashed Nayeon a comforting smile. "It's fine, Nabongs."

"But I care, Jeongyeon! I can't stand them picking on you." The idol hold her bestie's shoulders. Even though Jeongyeon treated everybody kindly, some still thought ill of her, badmouthing someone who did nothing to them. They didn't appreciate her good heart enough, what a shame!

"Thanks, now get ready and revise your drama script please. I will be on set if you need me." Jeongyeon didn't want Nayeon to be distracted by her, she wanted the idol to nail this potential acting job. It would be bad if Nayeon performed poorly due to her divided mood that was affected by Jeongyeon. She would never forgive herself if that happened.

"Yes I know, mom." Nayeon only pretended to be annoyed. In fact, she was very grateful of Jeongyeon's caring nature as it made her treasure their friendship even more. There was something special about their bond.

Jeongyeon bid Nayeon goodbye whilst she proceeded to the exit. But before her hand could reach the metal doorknob, someone had already opened it for her.

Funnily, Jeongyeon's hand remained hanging in midair.

"Excuse me for bothering, Nayeon-ssi. Is any of your makeup artists here?" The staff looked behind Jeongyeon to exchange eye contact with Nayeon.

The idol glanced at Jeongyeon a bit then replied. "One is right in front of you."

Jeongyeon awkwardly withdrew her empty hand.

"Umh, do you need something?" She gave the unexpected newcomer a questioning expression.

The staff girl immediately grabbed her arm, pulling Jeongyeon in a rush. "Great. We've got 20 minutes for you to do the makeup for our male protagonist."

"W-wait, what do you mean?" Excuse her for her slow reaction, Jeongyeon was quite dense with this kind of situation so she didn't catch what the girl was saying. By the time she came round to reality, she had already reached the actor's waiting room.

"Sorry again for the sudden inconvenience. His makeup artist didn't show up so we have no choice either. There are a lot of scenes that has to be filmed today and we wouldn't risk to miss the supposed deadline, right?" The staff talked at length with an attempt to convince Jeongyeon to help.

Having listened carefully, Jeongyeon understood their emergency situation. She didn't want to prolonged Nayeon's filming time either. "It's fine. But I don't guarantee anything. I only brought my beauty products for Nayeon, the shades probably won't match, so I will see what I can do."

Yay, superhero Jeongyeon to the rescue. She mentally woo-ed herself.

The staff gave a passing nod as a brief acknowledgement and urged Jeongyeon to come in.

She opened the door and the first thing she saw was a crooked smile on a handsome man's face.

Oh.

It wasn't because she was surprised to see him, she had heard about who would play the male lead role in Nayeon's drama anyway. She just felt odd seeing him without the usual flashy outfits and sophisticated hairdos. His disheveled appearance still managed to look annoyingly fine, kind of unfair if Jeongyeon might say.

The atmosphere was tense. She stared at the guy, the one and only Park Jimin aka the top actor that everyone loved.

Smirking, Jimin could sense her discomfort. To be honest, he was also taken aback seeing her here, and it was plausible because they had coincidentally met at a bar five days ago.

Also because he might have slept with her. (He did.) Slept in terms of having sex. An one-night stand as what people these days called.

But watching her eyes widened and her lips slightly parted, his uneasiness quickly changed into amusement.

"Nice to meet you, Ms..."

"Jeongyeon."

"Jeongyeon, what a pretty name for a pretty lady."

Jeongyeon snickered at his remark, distracting herself by looking around his waiting room. Wow, she wasn't expecting it to be neat but what a nice surprise. Although she doubted he was the one doing the cleaning.

"You should start doing my makeup now. We're in a hurry, don't you remember?" Jimin's voice broke off the train of thoughts in her head, waking her from her reverie.

Jeongyeon didn't want to appear as an unprofessional staff member so she tried to keep a straight face and be as quick as possible. She carefully took out some products that she thought would blend nicely on his face and focused on applying makeup while avoiding looking into his eyes at all cost. It was not a hard job in any way because Park Jimin is insanely good looking. Just a simple thin layer of foundation, some shading and he was already good to go.

When she looked up at the mirror to check if his hair was neat enough though, Jeongyeon noticed where his intense gaze was directed at and her mind immediately went haywire.

"What are you looking at, pervert!" She exclaimed with her hands covering the marvelous view Jimin had been enjoying, cheeks flushed. Jeongyeon forgot that she was wearing a loose V-neck shirt and since normally she mainly worked for Nayeon, she didn't bother much about how her cleavage was showing when she bowed her head.

"You're wearing the same bras as that night." The lead actor smirked smugly.

"Shut up!" She whisper-yelled at him. Why the fuck was he still so attractive!? Oh gosh that stupid (killer) smirk. She wanted to wipe that smirk off his face so bad.

"Ok, listen." Still holding her shirt collar, Jeongyeon sighed. "Can't you just forget everything and act professional?"

"Alright." Jeongyeon swallowed her saliva. And there was a slight tug in her heart. She wanted them to behave normally around each other but ironically the thought of erasing the sweet memory of their night saddened her. No it wasn't a simple one night stand, they really clicked that night and had a great time chatting about their similar interests (and for sure they were both sober when their lips touched).

"But on one condition." Jeongyeon's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "You give me your number and promise to always reply."

Jimin swirled his chair to face the reflection of them in the mirror, smiling when he saw her cute confused face.

"What?"

"What part in give me your number and promise to always reply do you not understand?" The actor feigned ignorance.

"Aren't you afraid that I'm gonna sell your phone number to sasaeng fans?"

Jimin raised his eyebrows, clearly amused. "Well I don't give out my number easily. So if something happens, I can always find out who the culprit is and sue them. Besides, you seem to be a person who know how to respect others' privacy."

There was a brief moment of silence as Jeongyeon contemplated his request.

"Fine. I will give you my number."

No matter how hard she racked her brain, Jeongyeon just couldn't find the reason. She had to admit that Jimin, even though he annoyed her greatly, was insanely famous. He was no doubt a superstar. Then what made he so stubborn about getting an ordinary makeup artist's phone number?

He intrigued her so much.

Jeongyeon moved her eyes from Nayeon to Jimin, getting a little deep in her thoughts. She was sitting under a big umbrella to avoid the blaring sun while watching Nayeon and Jimin acting out their characters' initial meeting. It's the same old cliché plot in which the guy saved the pretty girl, reminding herself of how she met Jimin.

During their encounter at the bar, Jimin had been nothing but a pleasant company. He helped her when she was harassed by a creepy old man. He bought her a drink. He treated her like a gentleman, flirting but still being respectful of her personal space. He asked for her permission before doing the deed. And in the morning after, while he did leave first, he was thoughtful enough to place some hangover pill and a breakfast next to a note saying he had an emergency on the bedside table.

He didn't seem like a bad person.

Just as she was beginning to feel a strange tingle in her heart, Jeongyeon received a text message that conveniently crossed out all of his good sides that was leading her to a dangerous conclusion. (She found him hot. It's not her fault that she was soft with good guys.)

<Done checking me out?> Jeongyeon lifted her head, catching his smug expression towards her way. She figured they must have finished filming the scene and was having a short break to prepare for the next one.

<I wasn't staring at you> She was putting a little more force than needed when she typed it out.

Jeongyeon glared at him, once again meeting his gaze.

Was that a smile on his stupid stupid handsome face?

<I didn't say you were.>
<But hey, you can take a picture.
I don't mind>

She felt her jaw dropped to the ground. The audacity of this man.

<Wtf>
<I WAS ONLY LOOKING AT THE MAKEUP>

<So you were staring>

And that was her cue to stop wasting her time replying to him. "God he is so annoying."

<Ya! you promised to always answer my texts>

<I promised you but I didn't say I wasn't gonna break it>

<Wow playing dirty now are we>

<The director is calling you. Get back on set you idiot>

Jeongyeon shooked her head lightly, fighting the urge to just block him. He said he wanted to be friends. It doesn't hurt having a new friend, right?

"Did you purposely ask Hyerin to come late today?" Hyerin was his makeup artist. And Jeongyeon was nothing but a smart girl.

"Maybe." Jimin was making that stupid shit-eating grin again.

This man is gonna be the death of her.

She was about to leave his room when a staff stepped into the room, rudely ignoring her presence and went straight to Jimin. "Jimin-sii, the director wants to change a few things in the script."

"Thanks, I'm going to talk to him now."

Jimin gave a small nod as he dashed outside.

Jeongyeon was minding her own stuff when the female staff spoke up. "Tsk. I can't believe Nayeon has such a lame makeup artist."

That's when Jeongyeon noticed she didn't leave. "I don't think Nayeon's choice is your problem, isn't it?"

"You think you're so great. You're lucky you're her childhood friend or else you won't have a job at all." The girl still continued talking. Didn't she have anything else better to do? What's the deal with this girl?

"And that concerns you?" Jeongyeon raised an eyebrow at her boldness. She knew some people talked behind her back but to be confronted like this was new.

"You're so shameless. Don't think people don't know you beg Park Jimin for his number. Have some shame."

Ah... so that's what that was. She must be one of Park Jimin's fangirl. Jeongyeon mentally facepalmed herself.

"Look. I don—" Before Jeongyeon could finish her sentence, someone had cut in.

"Sorry. Forgot my phone." Jimin smiled innocently as he walked to the table, coincidentally where Jeongyeon was standing. He picked up the device then flashed another charming smile of his to them both.

"Oh and Jeongyeon-ah, I really like what you did today for my makeup. Thanks a lot. I was worried because my eyes are puffy this morning." He placed a hand on her shoulder, clearly implying that he appreciated her work.

Ah... so he heard that girl huh.

"I'm just doing my job Jimin-sii." She would give him an earful about addressing her informally in front of a staff member later.

The rude girl seemed to finally catch on and lowered her head in embarrassment, quickly running away.

Jeongyeon let out an exasperated sigh once they were alone in the room. "I can defend myself."

"Do other staffs talk to you like this?" Jimin just ignored her complaint.

"Not really. They usually say things behind my back." She stuck out her tongue. "Meh, I don't care what they think anyway. I have grown pass that long ago." It's sweet that he was worried about her.

"What? So you just let them treat you like that?!"

"It's ok, Jimin." She lightly chewed on her lower lip. "Thank you. But don't do that again. Please?" He was a public figure. What if someone started to accuse him false of something such as ill behaved just because he was defending her. She would not allow that to happen.

"... Fine."

The drama filming was approaching the end and it was set that the drama would be on television in the next two weeks. Their trailers were already released getting a lot of attention and positive reactions.

Jeongyeon thought Jimin would eventually forget about her, celebrities are famous for having flings anyway, after a few days but surprisingly he still managed to text with her regularly despite his hectic schedule.

There was one time though, he was so busy preparing his album that he couldn't have spared a minute to text her. Jeongyeon, of course, was a little sad but she didn't try to contact him because she thought it was inevitable. Jeongyeon was never the flashy type of girls who wear makeup and pretty dress to impress the boys. Compared to her friends, she was probably the one who went out on a date the least. If he lost interest in her then so be it.

But god was she in for a surprise when she received a call from his number out of nowhere.

At first she couldn't believe her eyes. It was 10 PM. And it had been a week since his last message. Jeongyeon had to calm her nerve for a bit before she could muster  up the courage to accept his call.

"Well, if it isn't the most beautiful woman on the planet." His deep voice sent a shiver down her back.

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes. "Most people say 'hello' when answering the phone."

"What's the fun in that?" He let out a quiet laugh. She could practically hear how exhausted he was. But his laugh seemed to have a magical effect on her.

"None, seemingly." Jeongyeon smiled despite knowing he couldn't see her. She hesitated for a second before asking. "Why'd you call?"

"I miss you, silly." Jeongyeon's heart just dropped a beat.

"W-wha, don't go around saying things like that."

And that was the start of the frequent long phonecalls between the two of them.

Three months had passed and they were already on the last episode.

Aside from the occasional flirting, Jeongyeon actually enjoyed having Jimin as a friend. (she would never admit she liked the flirting as well)

She didn't have much chances to converse with him when they met on set but she was becoming much more comfortable with him. So much so that when he asked her out for dinner, she said yes.

Jeongyeon you idiot.

His status as a huge celebrity really limited their choices of places to go. Jimin told her about the secluded restaurant he would take her to reassure her that they would have privacy from the press. Jeongyeon swooned at his thoughtfulness.

God she's gonna die from nervousness.

"You look really pretty." Jimin smiled, eyes scanning what she was wearing. She had on a nice button down shirt tucked into pencil skirt, complete with a nude blazer. His mind wandered for a few seconds of her two first shirt buttons being open, but he shook out of it quickly.

Jimin looked over the table at Jeongyeon, meeting her eyes. "I feel like it's been weeks since I saw you last."

"Just one." Jeongyeon said with a smile. "But I know what you mean. It feels like forever even though we talk every day."

"The best part of my day."

Jeongyeon's cheeks tinted pink and she dipped her head to hide it. "Mine too."

Jimin felt a little emboldened by that information.

He asked about her day. He was entranced by the way she spoke so animatedly, using hand gestures and the expressions on her face. It made his heart skip abnormally. Her eyes are so expressive that whatever she's feeling is written all over her face. Big doe dark brown eyes with the softest aegyo-sal that makes her look so adorable.

Much of the same continued through their meal, Jeongyeon rambling about this and that until she caught herself.

"I'm sorry I'm talking so much."

"No, I love listening. Trust me." Jimin reached over and rubbed the back of her hand. "You're an amazing story teller."

"Yeah?"

"You are. Mesmerising, really."

Jeongyeon, once again, blushed and dipped her head.

"Don't hide it." Jimin whispered. "You're cute when you blush."

Jeongyeon whined and put her hands on her cheeks. "Stop that."

"I don't think I will." Jimin said airily.

Jeongyeon felt a pang in her chest, her heart twisting. "Flattery will get you nowhere."

"Just stating how I see it." Their gazes locked.

Jeongyeon could feel herself falling even harder then. In fact she could easily visualize how she just flied all the way up to the moon then came back down to earth in a swift motion.

He laced their fingers. His hand was just a little bit bigger than hers, but they fit perfectly nevertheless.

"You were always more than just an one night stand to me." He whispered as he kissed her knuckle. They were in his car now, and the air was shifting into the danger zone.

Jimin cupped Jeongyeon's heated cheeks and kissed her, feeling her body tense slightly. "Have I told you recently that you're cute?"

"Maybe." Jeongyeon breathed out.

"You're cute."

Jeongyeon groaned. "Speak for yourself."

"I do speak for myself and I say you're cute."

Park Jimin is definitely crazy.

It was some sort of equipment room at the filming location. Jeongyeon was finding it incredibly hard to focus with his soft lips trailing on her neck.

He cornered her against the wall, leaving barely any space between them. Jeongyeon clutched at his shirt, her heartbeat quickening.

"Jimin-" She panted heavily.

Jimin squeezed her waist tightly, wondering how she blinked her big innocent eyes could seem so provocative to him. She was effortlessly beautiful, enchanting him with her irresistible charms.

"We cannot do this here." She hardly breathed out those words. The temptation to just submit to the burning desire pooling at her lower stomach was great but the fear of their little game being discovered prevented her from pulling him closer to shut him up with a kiss like she desperately wanted to.

"Why not?" His muscular arms were place firmly on both of her sides to keep his girl in place.

"Someone could see us..."

"So now you're concerned about those people?" Man, he was still holding a grudge against her for not letting him defend her from those jealous women huh.

"Stop joking, that's a completely different matter." She whisper-yelled at him.

"Well, I guess you're just gonna have to be quiet then, princess."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro